What to bring to a Firearms Training Class:
- Mindset: A positive attitude and a willingness to learn are essential. Leave any preconceived notions or ego at the door and be open to instruction.
- Preparations: Get a good night’s sleep before the class and arrive well-rested. Eat a nutritious breakfast and stay hydrated. Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather and be prepared for physical activity.
- Gear: Bring your firearm(s), ammunition, and appropriate magazines or speed loaders. Bring hearing and eye protection, a hat or cap to shield your face from the sun or rain, and gloves if necessary. Bring a holster and any other gear you typically use for concealed carry or competition shooting.
- Open Mind: Be open to new techniques and ideas. Listen to the instructors and be willing to try new things. Even if you have been shooting for years, there is always room for improvement and new learning.
- Attentiveness: Pay attention to safety rules and follow them strictly. Be attentive to your surroundings and keep your firearm pointed in a safe direction at all times. Listen to the range commands and follow them carefully.
- Proper paperwork: Ensure you have all necessary permits or licenses required for owning or carrying firearms, as well as any required documentation for the training class.
- Money: Bring any necessary payment for the training class, as well as any additional fees for range time, ammunition, or equipment rental.
- Physical fitness: Firearms training classes can be physically demanding. Ensure you are physically fit to handle the activities of the class.
- Proper attitude: Come to the class with a respectful and professional attitude towards both the instructors and your fellow students. Be willing to work as part of a team to achieve the goals of the class.
- Positive attitude: Finally, approach the training with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn. You will get out of the class what you put into it, so be prepared to give it your best effort.
(Visited 148 times, 1 visits today)